Join Craft Cellars for a premium virtual whisky tasting experience on October 16, 2021 at 3:00pm MT. Duncan Taylor – International Brand Amabassador, Fergus Simpson will join us live from Scotland and take guests through this exclusive premium tasting from Duncan Taylor,
FERGUS SIMPSON – INTERNATIONAL BRAND AMBASSADOR
Although Fergus is originally from Aberdeen and has had a lifelong interest in whisky, he only entered the trade later in life. It was only on returning to his native Scotland after many years in the south of England and abroad that he started in the whisky business.
He went to work as a tour guide at William Grant and Sons, Dufftown Visitor Centre, and in two spells, over eight years became a senior guide, leading VIP tours and trade visits to The Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Kininvie Distilleries. During this time he gained GCD technical qualifications from The Institute of Brewing and Distilling.
Between the two spells working in Dufftown, he was Manager of Duncan Taylor’s Retail store in Huntly for nearly three years, and also was on the tasting/selection panel for Duncan Taylor. This involved monitoring maturation of whiskies in the cask, and checking samples to plan the bottling schedule.
On retiring from William Grant, he was tempted back to Duncan Taylor, and early in 2017 became their first Whisky Ambassador.
Since then, he has travelled extensively all over the globe attending whisky shows and conducting masterclasses.
The Line Up
- Black Bull 12 Year Old (Duncan Taylor) (50% abv) – 30ml
- Craigellachie 12 Year Old 2008 Sherry Cask Dimensions Duncan Taylor (55.4% abv) – 30ml
- GlenAllachie 12 Year Old 2008 Dimensions Duncan Taylor (54.3% abv) – 30ml
- Glentauchers 12 Year Old 2008 Dimensions Duncan Taylor (54.4%) – 30ml
- Bunnahabhain 1989 – 30 Year Old Duncan Taylor Octave Premium (47.8% abv) – 15ml
- Bowmore 2000-20 Year Old Duncan Taylor Octave Premium (52.9% abv) – 15ml